It's Not Supposed To Be This Way
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
We Also Recommend
Successful Women Speak Differently: 9 Habits That Build Confidence, Courage, & Influence
Fervent: A Woman's Battle Plan To Serious, Specific And Strategic Prayer (War Room)
Stretched Too Thin: How Working Moms Can Lose the Guilt, Work Smarter, and Thrive
Kingdom Marriage: Connecting God’s Purpose with Your Pleasure