One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
In everything, give thanks.
How do those four word strike you? As na ve? Infuriating? Impossible? Offensive?
For Ann Voskamp, the notion of being able to give thanks was lost between her gnawing anger and deep resentment toward God for his unfair dealings in her life and the lives of others. Having suffered from agoraphobia and anxiety for much of her life, she despaired of finding a joy of her own.
Then, a friend dared her to write a list of a thousand blessings. Over the months that followed, she made some profound discoveries:
- How it's possible to give thanks even for the things that might crush you
- How thanksgiving always precedes the miracle
- How to slow down and life fully in the moment
- How things that feel like trouble might actually be gifts of grace
- How to break the bondage of fear by embracing everyday blessings
- How trust is the bridge over tumultuous waters that leads to joy
- How to turn your blessing into being a blessing to others
In this study, Ann encourages us to take on the life-changing discipline of journaling God's gifts--to discover a way of seeing that opens our eyes to ordinary amazing grace, a way of living that is fully alive, and a way of becoming present to God that brings deep and lasting joy. It's only in this expression of gratitude for the life we already have, that we discover the life we've always wanted...a life we can take, give thanks for, and use to serve others. In it, we come to feel and know the impossible right down to our core: We are wildly loved by God.
- Attitude of Gratitude
- Grace in the Moment
- All Is Grace
- Trust: The Bridge to Joy
- Empty to Fill
Designed for use with the One Thousand Gifts Video Study (9780310684398), sold separately.
Author: Ann Voskamp
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.80h x 5.90w x 0.40d
We Also Recommend
Woman Evolve: Break Up with Your Fears and Revolutionize Your Life
Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
The Bible Code: Finding Jesus in Every Book in the Bible